Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Summer is on the way!!


O.k. so maybe I'm thinking a little too far ahead but I figure maybe if we all think tons of warm thoughts then summer will be here before we know it. I know I am SOOO ready for warm summer air, green trees and beautiful flowers! I have had enough of cold, frozen, grey mornings that just make you want to crawl back into bed and never come out! I'm looking forward to the bright sunshine and backyard barbeque's! Summer is perfect for so many things, like showing off your newest Etsy purchase! Yes I know that was a shameless Etsy plug but I have many more where that came from! I love summer for all kinds of reasons, there are so many more opportunities to get together with friends and family and just catch up. This year I have decided to start a vegetable garden. At least I'm going to try, I'm not too good with flowers but I'm going to try anyway. I'm also planning a few events with some close friends of mine. We haven't seen each other in a while and this summer we are getting together with our families and catching up on old times and new. What do you have planed for your summer?

Weather it is a big vacation or a simple cook out in the back yard, spend it with the ones you love and enjoy the time we have been given. We tend to take things for granted in our lives and maybe it was this hard winter that reminded me of that. We just let time go by and think "I'll call Mom later..." or "Someday we'll take the kids to _________, just as soon as we can afford it." Before you know it Mom is gone or the kids have all grown up and stared their own lives. Have you ever heard the saying "Don't put off till tomorrow the things you can do today?" Well it's true call your Mom now take the kids out just for a night of fun.

"Life is short, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably... and never regret anything that makes you smile."

No comments: