Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Gifts.


As I pounced around the "Undiscovered" list on Etsy this morning looking for next weeks new artist to feature, I started thinking about what I am doing for Christmas gifts this year. There are MANY artists on Etsy that I would love to buy from, but with our budget being EXTREAMLY tight this year, I have come to the conclusion that I will make my gifts this year. Now since I know that my family occasionally checks up on my shop and my blog, well, I can't give details. That would just ruin it all!
After Tuesdays post I received a comment that I loved.
MichellesCharmWorld: http://www.michellescharmworld.etsy.com/

"We use cash only. It's a pain to go the bank and soo easy to just throw the card down, so this way it's more difficult. At the end of the day we toss all our change and singles into a savings jar that goes to the bank at the end of every month. Non-grocery purchases over 50.00 need to be slept on. If the item costs more than that we go home and think and talk it over if the next day we find it to still be a necessity we go back and get it!With the holidays here we make our own wrap by turning the Craft project of the day into wrapping paper making!We make our own cards and gift card holders too!. "

I think that this year those thoughts could most defiantly apply to our Christmas shopping. Don't put yourself further into debt because you HAVE to have that $xxx.xx whatever it is.

What are your ideas for this years Christmas? Any BIG plans with the family?

What ever you are doing this holiday season just remember that Christmas is a day to cherish those we hold most dear. The gifts we give are not important, but the time we spend with our loved ones is. Give a gift that truly came from you, make it yourself. If you feel that you don't have the talent to make it yourself go to Etsy I'm sure you'll find something there.

O.k. so this post got away from me a little bit, but the basic thought is still there.

No comments: