Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dreams



Well the day is of to a great start. Work was out early so I have time to come home and work on my Etsy shop. My project for today is promotion! Part of that is to finally get my blog going. So here it is. I'm sure that many of you are wondering many things right now, like, who is this person and what the heck is an Etsy? Well I guess I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Laura, I'm married with 2 dogs. My husband and I both work, but lately I have decided to reach out a little more and follow one of my dreams. That is where Etsy comes in. Etsy is a site very similar to an on-line craft fair! There are lots of wonderful people and great handmade works. I have to admit the day I opened my shop I was shaking like a leaf. It's a little frightening to jump in head first when you are following a dream. There are so many what ifs. Like what if this doesn't work or what if no one likes my work!? I've been open for about a month or so now and I have to admit the nerves are still there a little. I have only had 3 sales and I cheer every time I see a new one. One of the reasons I have decided to follow this dream is because of another one. My husband, James, and I have been trying to plan an adoption for about 3 years now and things always seem to hit a wall. Mostly with the financing, so I thought I would Work on two dreams at once. If I can get my shop going I plan to use that to help fund an adoption and later as a full/part time job, so I can be home with my kids. I guess it's never too late to follow your dreams. You just have to get out there and do it! I think that the poem by Langston Hughes says it best:




"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die


Life is a broken-winged bird that can not fly.


Hold fast to dreams for if dreams go


Life is a baron field frozen with snow."




So what are your dreams? Have you followed them. If not go for it. Life is full of wonder, just let your dreams lead the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch out... I'm following you! **puts on Groucho disguise**

Congrats on your fabby new blog! Maisy

Oops!!! I mean 'Groucho'